Sunday, December 7, 2008

Shiny Girls

Despite the fact that my girls, the Jewel and the Queen, did not get to bed until nearly midnight last night (which normally guarantees the day following will be endured rather than enjoyed in any sense of the word) have been the epitome of fairness, politeness and calmness. Every half hour or so I wait for the tantrums, the shouting, the arguments and hair pulling. Every few minutes I check where the baby Bushranger is and to my surprise he is not being pulled about by his ankles by the Jewel, or thrown up into a tree. After some careful thought I wonder if this is because, with my new found steely resolve and demand for respect from the world, they know not to mess with me.

I arrived home at around 9pm from my dinner with the Father, to find the Christmas Tree up, decorated and awash with lights, my girls all shiny with their hair combed and pulled into pony tails, and their faces shiny, tired and glowing with happiness and fish and chips.

"Mummy, we forgot to go to bed early!" laughed the Queen. I could only do what is described as scoopede them up, hugged them very tight, thanked the Good Lord above that I had such beautiful girls who were happy to see me, and snuggled them and kissed them and stroked their lovely hair as I put them to bed.

No comments: